We Want YOU to Join Our Team!
Parents for Educational Freedom in North Carolina (PEFNC) is seeking young leaders with a demonstrated interest in education policy to participate in our internship program. We are interested in building a pipeline of leaders in the education reform movement. Intern applicants should be undergraduates, recent college graduates, or graduate students who have a basic familiarity with, and interest in, education policy.
Current PEFNC Internship Opportunity:
Summer 2018 Communications Internship Responsibilities:
- Produce new PEFNC podcast series. As the source for parental school choice in the Tar Heel State, PEFNC is aiming to launch an original podcast series, and is looking for a motivated intern with production and/or communications experience to drive these efforts. PEFNC staff will moderate the podcast and the PEFNC intern will be responsible for production of each episode.
- Compile daily news clips, provide short summaries & share with staff.
- Compile daily recommendations for news stories or other content to be shared on PEFNC social media channels.
- Assist with newsletter content & layout.
- Follow education/policy groups closely on social media, forward relevant posts to staff, and engage through social media as necessary.
- Assist with collecting PEFNC data and content for reporters.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Adobe Acrobat.
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve.
This is an unpaid internship. However, if applicable to the applicant, this internship can be completed for class credit. Please submit summer availability (M-F, 9am-5pm), a class schedule, resume & cover letter outlining your desire & goals for this internship to:
Executive Team Assistant
***All materials must be received by close of business May 18, 2018***