JOB TITLE: Communications Manager
REPORTS TO: Vice President
OVERVIEW: Parents for Educational Freedom in North Carolina is a statewide organization that supports expanding educational options through parental school choice. It is the expectation of PEFNC that all employees have a passion for the organization, our mission, and a desire to achieve our goals. In addition, all PEFNC employees should be self-starters, detail oriented, organized, capable of working independently, effective communicators, and above all else team-players.
The Communications Manager is responsible for overseeing the communications department (while working directly with the Vice President) and is the brand manager for all things communications at the organization. The qualified candidate has strong written and oral communications, internally to PEFNC staff and externally to coalition members, partners, donors, and members of the media. Additionally, strong project management and organization skills are required, and a level of design experience is appreciated (but not required).
The Communications Manager, in addition to the job duties outlined below, is responsible for ensuring our organization shares our story – at all times. PEFNC does incredibly impactful work for families in our state, and it is an essential duty of this role to spread that message through all available mediums.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
Digital media and marketing:
- Leading PEFNC’s social media engagement and further establishing PEFNC’s presence and brand across all channels. A level of design experience is appreciated as this role requires the ability to produce original PEFNC content in real-time.
- Directing content for consistent and professionally-produced PEFNC newsletters and external communications pieces, and ensuring all are strategic in timing and executed on schedule.
- Ensuring marketing campaigns are running on schedule and campaign objectives are being met, and adjusted in real-time as needed, as strategically planned with the Vice President.
- Planning and pitching media as it pertains to PEFNC events, news, and updates. Tracking all PEFNC media activity and archiving all media mentions.
- Maintaining PEFNC’s media database and media lists.
- Leading efforts to organize internal/external communication between PEFNC and our organization’s board of directors and coalition partners.
- Two (2) years of experience in media/communications. Additional consideration given to previous work in the education reform field. Limited experience also considered for candidates that show passion for the work and the ability to learn quickly on the job, especially a recent graduate with communications/design/marketing experience.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are a MUST.
- Motivated team player who can work independently to prioritize ongoing projects and assignments.
ANNUAL SALARY: Competitive nonprofit salary commensurate with experience.
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time (position is located in Raleigh, NC)
APPLICATION DEADLINE: December 15, 2017
HOW TO APPLY: Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org